Need anything else?
Cat Treats for Joint Health products have an average rating of 4.3 / 5.0 from 24 reviews
Cat Treats for Joint Health
Arthritis is an extremely common condition in cats, especially ageing cats. Cat treats for joint health are formulated with joint support nutrients to help get your cat moving again.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to treat arthritis in cats?
Management of arthritis uses a multi-modal approach, with the assistance of diet, lifestyle management, pain relief medications and joint supplements. Overweight cats are placing more strain on their joints through life, so keeping your cat in optimal body condition can help long-term. Prescription weight-loss diets will often have added joint support nutrients, while also being calorie controlled to lose excess weight. Additional lifestyle changes you can make for your cat are:
- Have a lower lip litter tray for your cat to easily step in and out of.
- Raising food and water so your cat does not have to crouch down to eat and drink.
- Using mobility ramps onto beds and couches to reduce the need for your cat to jump.
- Any non-slip flooring can make it difficult for arthritic cats to get traction, using rugs can be helpful
- Using comfortable bedding that can be stepped into and out of with ease.
- Heavy cat flaps can be difficult to push open in arthritic cats.
- Arthritic cats may not use their claws as much on their scratching posts. Regularly checking nails are not growing into the paw pad is needed.
- Extra grooming for cats having trouble reaching their backs can make them feel much better.
It is important that, if you suspect your cat is slowing down or showing signs of arthritis, you seek the assistance of your regular veterinarian.
Author info: Dr Nicole du Plessis - Pet Circle In House Veterinarian