Need anything else?
Find a Dog Groomer near you
Looking for a reliable dog groomer in Sydney? At Pet Circle we have curated a list of recommended grooming services in several suburbs around Sydney. From breed-specific styling to nail trimming, ear cleaning, and much more, we're sure you will find a groomer to fit your needs.
Dogs @ Play
Bath to Bow
Fuzzy Monsters Pet Boutique & Salon
Puppcorn Pet Boutique
Paws of Fun
Pet Styles Sydney
Puppuccino Pet Spa
Shiny Paws Dog Grooming
Hills Dog Grooming
Barber Paw Dog Daycare & Grooming
Moggy & Mutt
Darling Paws Grooming Boutique
Pet Styles Sydney
Looking for Dog Grooming Supplies?
At Pet Circle, we stock a wide range of grooming supplies from leading brands. Everything from dog shampoos, nail clippers, brushes to coat sprays and towels!
Brushes & Combs
Popular Questions about Pet Grooming
- What is Dog Grooming?
- Dog grooming is changing or improving your dog's appearance to ensure good health and better life quality. It includes hygienic care and the dog's overall cleaning, such as nail trimming, ear cleaning, hair styling, and much more. It is an essential part of your pet care.
- How much does dog grooming cost?
- The grooming cost depends on the type of grooming session you choose and the size of your dog. The grooming session may start from the basic ones (including blow-dry, nail trim, ear cleaning, bath) to advanced ones (including coat stripping, hydro bath, etc.). For every session, the cost may also vary depending on the length and thickness of the coat. Prices start from around $30 and can reach over $90 in some cases.
- How long does it usually take to groom a dog?
- On average, dog groomers take about one hour to groom a dog. If the coat is short and properly maintained, it may take less time, as little as 20 minutes. However, if you own a breed with a difficult coat, the grooming session may also take up to 2 hours.
- Why is grooming important for a dog?
- Dog grooming is essential for their well-being and good health. Brushing your dog will remove old and damaged hair, as well as ventilating the coat to help keep the skin healthy. You can also go for dog grooming to improve your pet's appearance or prepare your dog for a competition.
- Why is my dog itchy after grooming?
- After stripping or removing matted hair, your dog may feel a bit itchy, just like humans. The use of electric clippers, scissors, or other mechanical tools can irritate the skin. As dogsâ skin is more sensitive and thinner than humans. Cutting the hair short, as well as shampoos and conditioners sometimes cause skin irritation leading to itching.
- How often should you groom your dog?
- If you want to go for brushing only, visit a dog groomer twice or thrice a week. Bathing and grooming sessions which include trimming around the face, ears, paws, and sanitary areas, can last up to four to eight weeks. If a dog groomer gives a shorter cut to your dog, it can last two to four months. Dog breeds with curly and wavy hair need more frequent visits.