Need anything else?
Dog Cleaners for Ear Infections products have an average rating of 4.7 / 5.0 from 80 reviews
Dog ear infections
Ear infections are painful conditions that can affect dogs and can be difficult to manage. Dogs who are prone to ear infections will need ongoing management at home. There are many products available to help keep your dogs ears clean and comfortable.
Pet Circle stocks a huge variety of dog ear infection products online to suit every dog's individual health needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are ear infection symptoms in dogs?
Ear infections, also known as otitis externa, is a painful condition in dogs that can affect one or both ears. There are a number of signs to watch for in your dog to tell you they have an ear ache:
- Redness - general redness of the ear, crusting or pustules on the ear can indicate inflammation or infection.
- Itching - your dog may be scratching their ear more than usual.
- Pain - your dog may be more head shy than normal or cry when touching their ear.
- Discharge - this can be brown, yellow or green in colour.
- Smell - you may notice an offensive odour when smelling your dog's ear.
- Shaking head - dogs shake their head which can be normal, however excessive shaking of their head can indicate a problem.
- Rubbing head - your dog may be rubbing one or both ears against furniture or the ground.
- Vocalising - you may hear your dog yelp or vocalise when they scratch their ear, or if you try to touch their ear.
- Head tilt - this can indicate a more serious problem, such as an inner ear infection.
If you ever notice any changes to your dog's ears or a change in their demeanour, it is important not to delay a veterinary health assessment. Ear infections can quickly become severe and can be quite painful.
Author info: Dr Nicole du Plessis - Pet Circle In-House Veterinarian