Need anything else?
Orthopaedic & Memory Foam Dog Beds products have an average rating of 4.4 / 5.0 from 65 reviews
Memory foam dog beds
Memory foam dog beds and orthopaedic dog beds offer superior comfort and support to your dog. Memory foam beds are the preferable bedding option for ageing and arthritic pets. Pet Circle stocks a number of memory foam dog beds online for superior comfort and support.
Best memory foam and orthopaedic dog beds based on our customer reviews
|Kazoo Dog Bed Wombat Grey||Just bought my older dog a memory foam bed . At first he wouldn't get into it as he takes a while to get used to something new but now it is hard to get him out of it. He looks so comfy in it. -JUNE|
|Kazoo Dog Bed Bilby||I purchased the kazoo grey bilby bed in large for my beaglier bubbles. I purposefully ordered a size up so she has room to spread out. MY DOG LOVES THIS BED. I LOVE THIS BED! it's pricey, but in my opinion it's worth it. It's made with this beautiful soft quilted material and memory foam, which is firm and soft. The bottom has grippy dots to stop it from sliding. The pillow is removable and has a zip to remove the lining, as does the donut. It's heavy and supportive for her back and neck. It's an aussie family company to boot! I've had the bed for 1 day now and she's been glued to it! She's laying in it now and I just saw her do a big stretch and lay on her back with her arms up, which, for her, is a first on a dog bed. She seems super comfortable and relaxed, and it brings me joy knowing that she feels safe and happy in her bed. - CLAIRE|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are memory foam dog beds good for dogs?
Yes! Good quality memory foam beds are comfortable, offer excellent support, and are the preferable option for older or arthritic pets. For more ways to care for your older dog or arthritic dog, read our article 5 ways to ease your dogs arthritis.
Additional bedding considerations for older or arthritic pets:
- Keep bedding away from the elements and free from draughty areas.
- Older and arthritic dogs can have difficulty on tiled and wooden flooring. Placing some non-slip material underneath and around the bedding can add an extra sense of security for your dog.
- Bedding should be not too high or slippery, allowing them to enter and exit with ease.
- If using bedding in crates or kennels, ensure that the dog can still stand up, sit up, stretch out and turn around.
- If using heated dog beds, ensure it is always under supervision. If your dog has reduced mobility, it can be more difficult for them to remove themselves from the bed and can over-heat.
Can you machine wash memory foam dog beds?
Many memory foam and orthopaedic beds have removable covers, which can often be hand washed or machine washed. The memory foam element of the bed should not be placed in the washing machine. This can lead to damage or water-logging of the memory foam, which can be very difficult to dry out effectively. To ensure the longevity of your dog bed, always follow the cleaning instructions from the manufacturers.
Author info: Dr Nicole du Plessis - Pet Circle In House Veterinarian