Need anything else?
Dog Leads products have an average rating of 4.4 / 5.0 from 147 reviews
Dog leads are essential when taking your dog out and about. Dog leads can help keep your dog safe and secure, as well as allowing you to have control during walks. There are many varieties of dog leads with many different features such as hands-free leads, retractable leads and sustainable leads.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to travel long distance with a dog?
Thinking about a road trip your dog? There are a few tips to remember to help make your dog's journey safe and comfortable:
- Safe restraint: ensure you have a car harness, seat belt tether and lead to safely restrain your dog in the back seat.
- Water: packing a travel water bottle for your dog and offer regular opportunities to keep hydrated.
- Toilet breaks: every 2 hours it is a good idea to let your dog stretch their legs and have a toilet break. Poop bags are a good thing to have handy.
- Food/bowls and bedding: if you are travelling for more than 8-12 hours, you will need to pack food bowls and food for your dog. Packing their bed to sleep in overnight can add an extra sense of comfort and security while travelling.
- Destination: If you are travelling, it is important to know what parasite risks your pet will face. Paralysis tick inhabits large parts of the east coast of Australia. Brown dog ticks can harbour tick-borne diseases.
Before embarking on a big journey, it is a good idea to do a small trial run with your dog. Some dogs are anxious or motion sick in the car. It is advisable to book your dog in for a health check and to ensure they are in good health, vaccines and parasite prevention is all up to date.
Author info: Dr Nicole du Plessis - Pet Circle In-House Veterinarian