Furminator products have an average rating of 4.8 / 5.0 from 55 reviews
Where the fluff have you been all our lives?
There's regular old pet grooming brushes...and then there's the Furminator. Perhaps one of the cleverest tools you can have in your pet care arsenal, the Furminator doesn't just brush your cat or dog: it does more than that.
How does the Furminator actually work?
Brushing your dog or cat with a regular comb won't have the same results as the Furminator. The issue with your pet's shedding (and the cause of the hair you find on the couch, in the car and so on) comes from their undercoat, usually the denser, shorter hair under their topcoat in longer-coated breeds. The Furminator uses its stainless steel teeth to reach deep beneath your dog's topcoat, gently removing the loose hairs underneath. With regular use, the Furminator boasts a reduction in hair drop by up to 90%!
What's the best deshedding Furminator for my dog or cat?
That depends on the length of your dog or cat's coat. For a full ist of recommendations, see below.
What about deshedding shampoos? Do they work?
Used alongisde the Furminator, a deshedding shampoos or conditioner can assist in reducing hair fallout, since they're enriched with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to moisturise the coat while also strengthening the hair shaft to help reduce shedding.
Our top picks…
Wondering what Furminator your cat or dog needs?
- Long Hair/Large Dog: Great for Golden Retrievers, German Shepherds, Brenese Mountain Dog, Pyreneese, Newfoundland, Irish Wolfhound and similar
- Short Hair/Large Dog: Great for Labradors, Catahoula Leopard Dog, Pointers, Weimaraners, Vizslas and similar
- Long Hair/Medium Dog: Great for Japanese Spitz, Border Collies, Australian Shepherds, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, Poodles and similar
- Short Hair/Medium Dog: Great for Staffies, Cattle Dogs, Beagles, Corgis and similar
- Long Hair/Small Dog: Great for long-haired Dachshunds, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Havanese, Chinese Crested, Maltese and similar
- Short Hair/Small Dog: Great for Pugs, French Bulldogs, Dachshunds, Chihuahuas, Jack Russell Terriers and similar
- Long Hair/Large Cat: Suitable for Maine Coons, Norwegian Forest Cats, Ragdolls, or generally larger cats with hair longer than 5cm
- Short Hair/Large Cat: Suitable for Bengals, Burmese, Egyptian Maus or generally larger cats with hair shorter than 5cm
- Long Hair/Small Cat: Suitable for Persians, Birmans, Munchkins, American Curl or generally smaller cats with hair longer than 5cm
- Short Hair/Small Cat: Suitable for Scottish Folds, Exotic Shorthairs, British Shorthair, or generally smaller cats with hair shorter than 5cm
Buy Furminator deshedding tools for cats and dogs online at Pet Circle and enjoy the convenience of free delivery over $49 straight to your door, always at the best price with our price match guarantee.