Dog Flea And Worming
Pet parents' guide to fleas, ticks, and worms
Wed 25 May 2016
One of the most important parts of being a dog owner is ensuring that your pet is parasite free. Unlike people, dogs can't tell you how they are feeling so keeping on top of their preventative medications is important. Before buying a treatment, you'll need to know what exactly you're looking out for.
Is a tick collar enough?
Thu 26 May 2016
Tick collars are a budget option for tick control and offer a less comprehensive cover than products like Nexgard or Advantix. If you are in an area with a high threat of paralysis ticks, you should ditch the tick collar and use an oral or topical treatment that has a higher efficacy rating. In some locations, your vet may even recommend the use of a tick collar with an approved oral or topical medication. When you are buying a cheaper alterative, always read the small print. You never get away with paying less without some drawbacks.
Treating a dog with fleas
Fri 27 May 2016
One female flea can lay up to fifty eggs in one day so it doesn't take much for an infestation to begin. The fleas on your dog only represent about 5% of the flea population in your home. The other 95% is found in other areas like bedding and carpets. Before calling the exterminator crew, try out the steps below to flea free your house in no time.
Which flea & worming product do I need?
Mon 30 May 2016
Pets have a way of sniffing out medication and if there is something they don't want to eat, you're both gonna have a bad time. Before tasty chews, there were bitter white tablets that got sticky and slimy almost immediately. I tried hiding them in cheese, wet food, minced meat and gravy. My dog just licked everything around the medication, and guiltily skulked off.
shop by best selling brands
shop all flea and worming