Furminator For Dogs
Furminator For Dogs products have an average rating of 4.9 / 5.0 from 29 reviews
Let the fur fly, thanks to Furminator
Probably one of the smartest grooming tools you can own for your dog, the Furminator is more than a brush. More than a comb. Consider it the best way to reduce your dog's shedding dramatically - in some cases, up to 90% with continued use!
Why is my dog shedding their coat in the first place?
Most dog breeds have what's called an undercoat, and a topcoat (yes, even short-haired breeds such as Labrador Retrievers!). It's this undercoat - which is usually denser and shorter - that does the most shedding, and it's the fluff that you find all over the couch, in the car, on your bed, and so on. Brushing alone won't be enough to assist in getting rid of all this loose fur: the Furminator instead uses its fine, stainless steel teeth to reach deep beneath your dog's topcoat, gently removing the loose hairs underneath. Keep on top of your dog's grooming, and you should see a lot less shedding going on pretty soon!
What's the best deshedding Furminator for my dog?
That depends on the length of your dog's coat. For a full ist of recommendations, see below.
What about deshedding shampoos? Do they work?
Used alongisde the Furminator, a deshedding shampoos or conditioner can assist in reducing hair fallout, since they're enriched with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to moisturise the coat while also strengthening the hair shaft to help reduce shedding.
Our top picks…
Wondering what Furminator your dog needs?
- Long Hair/Large Dog: Great for Golden Retrievers, German Shepherds, Brenese Mountain Dog, Pyreneese, Newfoundland, Irish Wolfhound and similar
- Short Hair/Large Dog: Great for Labradors, Catahoula Leopard Dog, Pointers, Weimaraners, Vizslas and similar
- Long Hair/Medium Dog: Great for Japanese Spitz, Border Collies, Australian Shepherds, Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, Poodles and similar
- Short Hair/Medium Dog: Great for Staffies, Cattle Dogs, Beagles, Corgis and similar
- Long Hair/Small Dog: Great for long-haired Dachshunds, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Havanese, Chinese Crested, Maltese and similar
- Short Hair/Small Dog: Great for Pugs, Dachshunds, Chihuahuas, Jack Russell Terriers and similar
Buy Furminator deshedding tools for cats and dogs online at Pet Circle and enjoy the convenience of free delivery over $29 straight to your door, always at the best price with our price match guarantee.