Dog Harnesses | Shop Online
Dog Harnesses | Shop Online products have an average rating of 4.8 / 5.0 from 108 reviews
Dog harnesses - an absolute walking essential
For a comfortable, controlled walk with your dog, a well-fitted harness is a must - especially if they tend to pull. There are actually a number of harness models out there (and we have them all in-stock online!), so it's worth checking out which one is right for your dog.
These kinds of harnesses are your most common, yet they are best suited to dog that do not pull excessively. They're also great for small and toy dogs or those with a neck injury, since any impact from pulling is dispersed over their chest and shoulders. Plus, the ring for the lead attachment is located at the back of the harness, making it easy to safely attach them to seatbelts for road trips.
For dogs that pull like crazy when out for a walk, front-attaching harnesses are almost essential. With the lead attachment located at the front of the harness (usually on the chest), these harnesses force your dog to turn around when they throw their full weight forward or you apply tension to their lead, thereby preventing your dog from lurching forward.
Light-up dog harnesses
Generally back-attaching harnesses, light-up dog harnesses are great for walks at night-time, as they contain vibrant LEDs that not only look amazing, but increase visibility too. Doglite's are particularly popular, and are available in a wide range of colours. Collars are available, too.
Gentle leader harnesses
While not a harness in a traditional sense, gentle leader harnesses are great for large dogs, aggressive pullers and dogs in training. Designed with one loop over the bridge of the nose and another loop around the neck, these harnesses forces your dog's nose downwards when they pull, corrective this bad behaviour.
For a more in-depth look at dog harnesses plus other accessories, check out our article: What is the best harness for my dog?
Our top picks…
Wondering what our recommended dog harnesses are?
- Company of Animals Halti Harness: Designed by Dr Roger Mugford, the UK's leading animal psychologist and a pioneer in behavioural therapy, this harness makes 'unwalkable' dogs much easier to handle
- Fuzzyard Go Nuts Harness: A super-cute harness with a doughnut print for your sweet pooch!
- Petsafe Easy Sport Harness: Fully adjustable, padded throughout, and has a handle on top if you need to strictly control your dog
- Huskimo Junior Air Puppy Harness: Light, breathable fabric that's perfect for puppy's first walk
- Doglite LED Harnesses: Light-up harnesses for spectacular vision at night
Buy dog harnesses online at Pet Circle and enjoy the convenience of free delivery over $29 straight to your door, always at the best price with our price match guarantee.